Here, in my Bluehost review, i will provide you all the possible details about this hosting company, if you have any queries related to this. Please don’t hesitate to contact me.
History of Bluehost
It is a private web hosting company founded in the year 1996 by Matt Heaton. Headquarters is at Provo, Utah USA. It is owned by the Endurance international company.
Bluehost ranks at 997 in Global ranking and 343 in India.
Bounce rate is at 19.70%.
Daily pageviews per visitor is 5.99.
Daily time on site is 8:28.
It is owned by the same company as that of Hostgator which is Endurance International group of companies. Quite famous in the field of web-hosting since long time. But had some controversies over the past years.
Price and Plans
The start-up price for shared hosting is quite reasonable. As you can notice its just $3.95 per month. To know whether its worth the price just scroll down to read more.
My bluehost review will give you the required details about the performance of the hosting company.
Excellent DNS and Response time.
This is the uptime report of a website which is hosted by Bluehost. They have given 100% uptime almost every month. But as you can see above there has been downtime for 100 – 2853 mins in some months which really effects your site badly if you have a running or online business. So it’s a major drawback to be concerned.
Comparing to other hosts. The load time taken Bluehost is quite high.
- Provided with free site builder with templates with your hosting plan.
- It is well equipped with beautiful features like secured shell, SSL, FTP, etc.
- Here it is unlimited everything such as (like) bandwidth, diskspace, unlimited domains, etc.
- Free domain (for 12 months).
- It includes (GI, ruby (ROR), MYSQL.
- Any time money back guarantee.
- It has a very solid server performance, being having an uptime (average) of 99.9%.
- They introduced a new feature CPU throttling (simply refers to the process of reducing users CPU usage in whenever the particular uses is pulling “too much” server resources at time. At this particular time, they will freeze your CPU usage substantially and technically “jail” your websites in server).
- They will provide you with the three different plans in shade hosting (starter, plus, business pro), you can go for any one which is convenient for you.
- A quality customer support powered by the knowledge staffs.
- The website is confusing for new customers and needs a redesign.
- Its not clear how often or when your credit card is going to be charged.
- Slow and unexplained outages and site response times.
- The hosting plans are little expensive, and even the renewal rates are still expensive.
- If you want to migrate to other hosting companies, from bluehost for any inconvenience, you have to pay around $100, but the companies like godaddy, ipage, etc costs nothing for this service, but if you are in the other way, i mean from other company to bluehost then they are doing this service for free (charging nill).
- They wouldn’t offer windows hosting services, like ASP, NET or any other. If this is the case you have to go to the companies like godaddy, hostgator etc. This offers windows/linear hosting.
- They don’t offer any coupon codes for hosting, but you will be secured with their default coupon “FREE DOMAIN” with each and every plan of them.